The Joined Up For Jobs Partnership Forum was established alongside the Joined Up For Jobs Strategy in 2003 with three aims:
- Strategic - to provide a formal link for two way dialogue/influence between partner agencies and the Joined Up For Jobs Strategy Group
- Practical - to promote partnership working and develop new mechanisms to deliver Joined Up For Jobs strategy
- Co-ordination - to exchange good practice and enhance co-ordination of local services
What does it do?
The Partnership Forum holds regular meetings (see dates below). These meetings provide opportunities for networking and information sharing among local service providers, and updates on local and national policy developments and labour market trends. They give service providers a channel to feed back issues of concern from the ‘frontline’ to inform the evolving Joined Up For Jobs strategy and provide a focus to develop new projects and other working groups and events. The Partnership Forum also shares information via an informal e-network supported by the City of Edinburgh Council and Capital City Partnership, and the Notice Board on this website.
Who can join?
The Partnership Forum is open to all organisations providing employment support and training to adults in the Edinburgh area, and employer representatives who have an interest in building the employability of jobseekers and workers who face disadvantage. It also includes any researchers, policy makers or funders who wish to be more actively involved in and better informed on employment support provision in the area.
How do I ‘sign up’?
Organisations wishing to join should complete a registration form on this website, selecting the Partnership Forum Membership option and any other information options you require and you will be added to our mailing list(s).
- As long as you fulfil our basic membership criteria and continue to abide by our code of conduct you will be welcome to participate in our network.
- If you need additional information - get in touch via email@example.com or call 0131 270 6030.
- If you don’t wish to ‘sign up’ for now, keep visiting this website for up to date information on Joined Up For Jobs activities in Edinburgh and do share this weblink with interested colleagues.
Partnership Forum Dates for 2013:
- Friday 8 February
- Friday 12 April
- Friday 7 June
- Friday 9 August
- Friday 11 October
- Friday tbc
All meetings will be 9:00 – 12:30 in the Business Centre, City Chambers.
Agendas will be posted on the Notice Board under 'Joined Up for Jobs Providers' Forum', when available.